Monday, March 26, 2012

Report deployement

Hi,

I have a heavy report:

- 18 datasets (some with filters)

- 15 parameters

- about 10 tables (some with groups)

- lots of TextBox static or calculated (50 at least)

- and a little report footer

Anyway…

I’m using Visual Studio 2005 to deploy my report on a server. Recently, my deployments became very long and now, Visual Studio throw Timeouts when I deploy it. I walk around this problem with the report management site on the server But deploying my report through it takes about 8 or 10 minutes…quite long !

Here are my questions :

- What are report elements that causes such time span ?

- How lighten the deployment ?

- How configure the deployement timeout in visual studio ?

Thanks

Which exact error message are you experiencing ?

Jens K. Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de
|||

The report services on the server has been installed with the french version

so the error message is in french : "Le dlai d'attente de l'opration a expir"

in english it looks like : "The wait delay of the operation has expire"

thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment