Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Report deployment with RS2k, SP1

Hello,
I have a problem with report's deployment (SQL 2k, RS SP1). All my reports
have only hidden parameters (parameters with a prompt blank).
When I deploy from VS. NET 2003 to an empty folder on my RS server, the
prompts reappear and the checkbox "prompt user" is unchecked. That means
read only parameters and my reports return an error. The only way to correct
that is to manualy change the checkbox.
After the first deployment, each time I deploy the same reports (I replace
the existing), the checks stay but the prompt reappear. I have 15 reports
with 5-10 parameters on 3 environments (dev, qa, prod) and after each
deployment, I have to manualy remove the prompt..... I get crazy....
If someone have some experience with that problem or a workaround, don't
hesitate...
Thanks in adavance
LaurentHi,
have you tried rs.CreateReport with overwrite properties so that you can
overwrite all the parameter and report properties..
when i do upgrade i use this property to overwrite report in the script..
Bava
"Laurent" wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a problem with report's deployment (SQL 2k, RS SP1). All my reports
> have only hidden parameters (parameters with a prompt blank).
> When I deploy from VS. NET 2003 to an empty folder on my RS server, the
> prompts reappear and the checkbox "prompt user" is unchecked. That means
> read only parameters and my reports return an error. The only way to correct
> that is to manualy change the checkbox.
> After the first deployment, each time I deploy the same reports (I replace
> the existing), the checks stay but the prompt reappear. I have 15 reports
> with 5-10 parameters on 3 environments (dev, qa, prod) and after each
> deployment, I have to manualy remove the prompt..... I get crazy....
> If someone have some experience with that problem or a workaround, don't
> hesitate...
> Thanks in adavance
> Laurent
>
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment