Friday, March 30, 2012

Report display in Firefox

Hi everyone,

I know there are issue with reports not displaying as expected in ReportViewer when using Firefox, including the weird 'add something wide to your header' bug, but I've encountered a slightly different problem.

I'm using a matrix report, which displays perfectly in IE, and will render nicely when exported to either excel or pdf format with either IE or Firefox. However, when you simply view the report in firefox it looks awful: all the columns of the matrix are squashed so much that you can't read anything at all. OK, I can just say to people "export the report", but it'd be good if I could fix this.

Any ideas will be much appreciated. Thanks

This is a known problem. I don't know if there are any updates yet. What you can try is add a blank textbox to the footer of the report and stretch it manually to the width of your report. This will force the report to stretch in Firefox.

|||

Hi,

I already have a line the same width as my report in the header, and I've added a blank textbox the width of the report to the footer. Unfortunately, there's no change. The 'cells' of the matrix are still mini and totally unreadable. Thanks anyway

|||

dhassen:

and I've added a blank textbox the width of the report to the footer

Just to confirm, is this the footer of the report or the page. If its the report, then add it to the page footer. For inserting a page footer, do this:

When you are in the design view of report, go to Report Menu from the menu options, add a Page Footer (if you don't have one), drag and drop an empty textbox on this footer and stretch it.

If you have already done it, I am out of solutions.

|||

yep, unfortunately it was the page footer that I tried. Ah well... see if anyone else has any ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment