Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Report Design help for Newb - Regarding Date Paramaters

I have been trying very hard for days now to build a report using VS 2003.net
I just need to query an order table by a date range. ie) from date a to
date b. The order table contains PO's and have recorded dates. I just need
an example of how to report based upon date range. Seems simple enough,
just cant figure it out.I assume you mean you want the user to be able to specify the date range?
If you currently have a sql statement that returns all orders and have a
report that displays that data, simply modify the sql statement and specify:
where datefield between @.startdate and @.enddate
That will automatically create report parameters. When you preview the
report, it will prompt you to type in start and end dates.
For more info, just do searches for query parameters and report parameters.
Mike G.
"tdodd" <tdodd@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:6A7F2EE5-FAFA-4852-B771-35FBC9431D71@.microsoft.com...
>I have been trying very hard for days now to build a report using VS
>2003.net
> I just need to query an order table by a date range. ie) from date a to
> date b. The order table contains PO's and have recorded dates. I just
> need
> an example of how to report based upon date range. Seems simple enough,
> just cant figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment