Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Report Design Previewer and Data Processing Extension DLL's

Hi all,
Do I need to define the Data Processing Extension (DPE) DLL's in the
Designer policy file: rspreviewpolicy.config ?
It's been my experience that the Report Preview mode runs in some "special"
mode that seems to bypass CAS (Code Access Security) - this makes me wonder
then if I need to define my DPE DLL's in Code Groups in this
rspreviewpolicy.config file at all.
Anyone with comments on this topic ?
- SimonSimon,
There are two preview modes - Report Preview (the Preview tab on the Report
Designer) which doesn't use CAS and the Report Host mode (F5) which uses the
settings in the rspreviewpolicy.config. The purpose of the later is to
similate the Report Server environment.
--
Hope this helps.
---
Teo Lachev, MVP [SQL Server], MCSD, MCT
Author: "Microsoft Reporting Services in Action"
Publisher website: http://www.manning.com/lachev
Buy it from Amazon.com: http://shrinkster.com/eq
Home page and blog: http://www.prologika.com/
---
"Simon" <Simon@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:345062E5-7002-45AD-A37D-B2126CE48354@.microsoft.com...
> Hi all,
> Do I need to define the Data Processing Extension (DPE) DLL's in the
> Designer policy file: rspreviewpolicy.config ?
> It's been my experience that the Report Preview mode runs in some
"special"
> mode that seems to bypass CAS (Code Access Security) - this makes me
wonder
> then if I need to define my DPE DLL's in Code Groups in this
> rspreviewpolicy.config file at all.
> Anyone with comments on this topic ?
> - Simon
>|||Teo,
Thanks for the quick response - I was just about to post my findings when I
saw you had already answered !
I found details on this subject at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/RSPROG/htm/rsp_prog_rdl_8mue.asp
<-- Snip -->
... There are two preview modes for Report Designer: the preview tab and
the pop-up preview window that is launched when your report project is
started in DebugLocal mode. The preview tab executes all report expressions
using the FullTrust permission set and does not apply security policy
settings. ...
<-- Snip -->
thanks again,
- Simonsql

No comments:

Post a Comment