Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Report Description Overwrite Issue

When I deploy a report from MSDE, the description from within the report
properties is displayed under the report name/link within the Report Manager.
When I modify the report description in MSDE and then re-deploy the report
it doesn't update the one I see in Report Manager? I can delete the report
in Report Manager and then redeploying creates the modified description; but
I don't really want to have to delete reports everytime I modify the
description.
Is this is a bug?MSDE is not a supported platform for Report Server. You must use either the
Standard edition or the Enterprise edition. You can also use the Developer
edition, but it is licensed for developing or testing only.
Charles Kangai, MCT, MCDBA
"Simon" wrote:
> When I deploy a report from MSDE, the description from within the report
> properties is displayed under the report name/link within the Report Manager.
>
> When I modify the report description in MSDE and then re-deploy the report
> it doesn't update the one I see in Report Manager? I can delete the report
> in Report Manager and then redeploying creates the modified description; but
> I don't really want to have to delete reports everytime I modify the
> description.
> Is this is a bug?

No comments:

Post a Comment