Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Report Designer crashes when accessing Access DB via ODBC

Hi:
I am trying to build a report off of a stand alone MS Access 2000 database. I can create the Data Source using the "Driver do Microsoft Access" driver, version 4.00.6019.00.
When I go to create the query to create the Dataset, I right click to add a table, I can see the table list and check the table I want to use. It is at this point the Visual Studio crashes, closes and send off the error report to Microsoft.
What's up? Why is this happening? I can write reports to my heart's content using an IBM ODBC driver against our DB2 database on an AS/400. One would think that writing reports using all MS products this should go very smooth.
Thanks in advance.
Bruce.Did you try the "Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider" which is designed to
work with Access?
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"bwschiek@.hotmail.com" <bwschiekhotmailcom@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:EE8C1C06-2779-4069-9004-0E6DF55969CE@.microsoft.com...
> Hi:
> I am trying to build a report off of a stand alone MS Access 2000
database. I can create the Data Source using the "Driver do Microsoft
Access" driver, version 4.00.6019.00.
> When I go to create the query to create the Dataset, I right click to add
a table, I can see the table list and check the table I want to use. It is
at this point the Visual Studio crashes, closes and send off the error
report to Microsoft.
> What's up? Why is this happening? I can write reports to my heart's
content using an IBM ODBC driver against our DB2 database on an AS/400. One
would think that writing reports using all MS products this should go very
smooth.
> Thanks in advance.
> Bruce.|||Hi Robert:
Thanks. That did the trick.
I had been using the ODBC connection that caused VS to crash for the last year with Crystal Reports with no issues. Curious...
Thanks again.
Bruce.
"Robert Bruckner [MSFT]" wrote:
> Did you try the "Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider" which is designed to
> work with Access?
> --
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
> "bwschiek@.hotmail.com" <bwschiekhotmailcom@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message news:EE8C1C06-2779-4069-9004-0E6DF55969CE@.microsoft.com...
> > Hi:
> >
> > I am trying to build a report off of a stand alone MS Access 2000
> database. I can create the Data Source using the "Driver do Microsoft
> Access" driver, version 4.00.6019.00.
> >
> > When I go to create the query to create the Dataset, I right click to add
> a table, I can see the table list and check the table I want to use. It is
> at this point the Visual Studio crashes, closes and send off the error
> report to Microsoft.
> >
> > What's up? Why is this happening? I can write reports to my heart's
> content using an IBM ODBC driver against our DB2 database on an AS/400. One
> would think that writing reports using all MS products this should go very
> smooth.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Bruce.
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment