Monday, March 26, 2012

Report deployment connection error

Hi,

I'm using the reports designer in Visual Studio 2005 Professional and have successfully been deploying reports to my client's server for several months. Now I can't deploy any reports, when I try Visual Studio almost hangs, tries for about 5 minutes to deploy a single report and then fails with an error message:

TITLE: Microsoft Report Designer

A connection could not be made to the report server http://winserver/ReportServer.


ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

The operation has timed out (System.Web.Services)


BUTTONS:

OK

It used to ask me for username/password for the server (credentials), now it doesn't do that. I can go to the reports server and reports interface pages in my browser OK. The reports build without any errors.

Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas on how to get it working again?

Regards,

Greg

Check for your IE settings. I think that must have changed.

In the client machine, IE Options -> Connection -> LAN settings that - check if both these 2
options were checked/enabled -
1. Automatically detect settings
2. Use Automatic Configuration Script
The option #2 was causing HTTP request from VS go through the proxy server and
passing anonymous request (401)

Or any other Security settings from a machine where deployment works fine.


|||

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I checked the settings in IE and all LAN Settings options are unchecked. Is this correct?

I am connecting through a VPN so that might be causing a problem (all options unchecked for VPN connection settings in IE). I will try directly connecting to the client's LAN and see if it works.

Regards,

Greg

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment