Friday, March 30, 2012

Report dynamic fields

Hi all,
I need to let my report user to select the columes in the report:
I want to make a report with all the relevant fileds .
the user will have window that read the rdl file and display all the reports
fields.
The user can select only the columes he need from the colume list.
How can I doit ?
Can I change the rdl file before the user use the report ?
10x,
Shachar.My suggestion if you decide to do this is to use RS 2005 (out in November).
RS 2005 along with the new controls shipping with Visual Studio 2005 will
make this much much easier than trying to do this with RS 2000. RS 2000 is
totally server based. You would have to deploy your new RDL (uniquely names,
remember you are server based) and then get your client to execute that
report (using either URL integration or web services). Then you would need
to remove it when done. With the new control with VS 2005 you can operate in
local mode where you give it a dataset and the rdl. No deployment necessary.
If all your reports are done this way then you don't even need the server
product, just the new controls.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Shachar" <me@.use.com> wrote in message
news:OXJyiTlpFHA.3040@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi all,
> I need to let my report user to select the columes in the report:
> I want to make a report with all the relevant fileds .
> the user will have window that read the rdl file and display all the
> reports fields.
> The user can select only the columes he need from the colume list.
> How can I doit ?
> Can I change the rdl file before the user use the report ?
> 10x,
> Shachar.
>|||What if the application is a web base apllication ?
What is the right colume filter solutuin ?
10x,
Liz.
"Bruce L-C [MVP]" <bruce_lcNOSPAM@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:OlEEZcmpFHA.272@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> My suggestion if you decide to do this is to use RS 2005 (out in
November).
> RS 2005 along with the new controls shipping with Visual Studio 2005 will
> make this much much easier than trying to do this with RS 2000. RS 2000 is
> totally server based. You would have to deploy your new RDL (uniquely
names,
> remember you are server based) and then get your client to execute that
> report (using either URL integration or web services). Then you would need
> to remove it when done. With the new control with VS 2005 you can operate
in
> local mode where you give it a dataset and the rdl. No deployment
necessary.
> If all your reports are done this way then you don't even need the server
> product, just the new controls.
>
> --
> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> "Shachar" <me@.use.com> wrote in message
> news:OXJyiTlpFHA.3040@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I need to let my report user to select the columes in the report:
> > I want to make a report with all the relevant fileds .
> > the user will have window that read the rdl file and display all the
> > reports fields.
> > The user can select only the columes he need from the colume list.
> >
> > How can I doit ?
> > Can I change the rdl file before the user use the report ?
> >
> > 10x,
> >
> > Shachar.
> >
>|||I use RS 2005 .
"Liz Matyas" <lizmts@.mail.com> wrote in message
news:Ozf7%23yopFHA.3064@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> What if the application is a web base apllication ?
> What is the right colume filter solutuin ?
> 10x,
> Liz.
> "Bruce L-C [MVP]" <bruce_lcNOSPAM@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:OlEEZcmpFHA.272@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> > My suggestion if you decide to do this is to use RS 2005 (out in
> November).
> > RS 2005 along with the new controls shipping with Visual Studio 2005
will
> > make this much much easier than trying to do this with RS 2000. RS 2000
is
> > totally server based. You would have to deploy your new RDL (uniquely
> names,
> > remember you are server based) and then get your client to execute that
> > report (using either URL integration or web services). Then you would
need
> > to remove it when done. With the new control with VS 2005 you can
operate
> in
> > local mode where you give it a dataset and the rdl. No deployment
> necessary.
> > If all your reports are done this way then you don't even need the
server
> > product, just the new controls.
> >
> >
> > --
> > Bruce Loehle-Conger
> > MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> >
> > "Shachar" <me@.use.com> wrote in message
> > news:OXJyiTlpFHA.3040@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I need to let my report user to select the columes in the report:
> > > I want to make a report with all the relevant fileds .
> > > the user will have window that read the rdl file and display all the
> > > reports fields.
> > > The user can select only the columes he need from the colume list.
> > >
> > > How can I doit ?
> > > Can I change the rdl file before the user use the report ?
> > >
> > > 10x,
> > >
> > > Shachar.
> > >
> >
> >
>

No comments:

Post a Comment