Friday, March 30, 2012

Report Designer: Refreshing Fields VERY Slow

I have a query that uses temp tables, and the query seems to execute and
refresh fields fine, but as soon as I put in a parameter for a DateTime field
the query will run but the Refresh Fields button takes forever...like 2
hours! I think it is running my rather lengthy query without the parameters
which because of the size of the tables takes a long time.
I have tried changing the data type for the parameter from String to
DateTime and neither seem to refresh the fields quickly.
Can anything be done to refresh the fields list quicker?I thought my MSDN Universal Subscription entitled me to a response within two
days... I guess not.
"Chance" wrote:
> I have a query that uses temp tables, and the query seems to execute and
> refresh fields fine, but as soon as I put in a parameter for a DateTime field
> the query will run but the Refresh Fields button takes forever...like 2
> hours! I think it is running my rather lengthy query without the parameters
> which because of the size of the tables takes a long time.
> I have tried changing the data type for the parameter from String to
> DateTime and neither seem to refresh the fields quickly.
> Can anything be done to refresh the fields list quicker?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment