Friday, March 30, 2012

Report equivalent of a <BR> or a vbCrLf

What do I have to embed in my data to get a report cell to line break?

If I have:
ABC?XYZ

what do I have to store in the ? position to get it to look like:
ABC
XYZ

in my report?

Try with \n or \r or \n\r.
But I don't understand how you convert ? to this characters. Are you evaluating an expression or this is data from a dataset?
If you are evaluating an expression put "first string"+CHAR(13)+"last string"
Can you be more specific?|||

The data is from a Dataset. What I'm trying to figure out is what can I put in the data to make a Report perform a line break? Whatever I put in there is just take as part of the data. I've tried putting:ABC\n\rXYZ and that's exactly what shows up in the cell on the report.

|||If you are using T-SQL and you are making the dataset from a query try this:
SELECT field1+CHAR(13)+field2
or
SELECT field1+CHAR(10)+CHAR(13)+field2
tell me if it works!!!|||Yeah close enough. I embeded char(13) & char(10) when I save the data and it displayed fine in the report.

Thanks
Steve|||I think you can also split the column in an expression and use vbcrlf. e.g string1 & vbcrlf & string2|||It's faster solving that in the dataset than in the report side.
But it's valid too and it's good to know as many ways to solve problem as you can.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment