Monday, March 26, 2012

Report Deployment

We have a "Change Management" Dept that MUST deploy all reports into
Production. I have the same ability from my machine and I can deploy the
solution (or each individual project) without problems (but they don't like
it since I am just a developer).
When CM deploys (they take my solution file and hit "Deploy") the
credentials to all of the data sources is removed so that we have to go into
Report Viewer and add back in the credentials.
So basically, why do I NOT have any problems deploying the solution and data
sources (credentials = a service account), yet CM takes a copy of my solution
and they cannot deploy the data sources with credentials?
Any thoughs appreciated.It is how it is configured in VS. They have it to overwrite data sources and
you do not. They should not be configured this way and they can change it.
Right mouse click on each project, properties, set the overwritedatasources
property to false (if you look for yours it is set to false). That is the
default so they must have changed it.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Rob" <Rob@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:42674178-04C7-444B-B010-DFB59FD59373@.microsoft.com...
> We have a "Change Management" Dept that MUST deploy all reports into
> Production. I have the same ability from my machine and I can deploy the
> solution (or each individual project) without problems (but they don't
> like
> it since I am just a developer).
> When CM deploys (they take my solution file and hit "Deploy") the
> credentials to all of the data sources is removed so that we have to go
> into
> Report Viewer and add back in the credentials.
> So basically, why do I NOT have any problems deploying the solution and
> data
> sources (credentials = a service account), yet CM takes a copy of my
> solution
> and they cannot deploy the data sources with credentials?
> Any thoughs appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment