Friday, March 30, 2012

Report Distribution based on SQL Query in RDL

I need to create multiple reports with each report being sent to the specified user. For example, 3 Managers should each get their own report. A Stored Procedure receives a ManagerID parameter, so I need 3 instances of the report. I also need each report to be sent to its associated Manager:

Mgr ID Manager Name 1 John Q Manager 2 Jane Q Manager 3 Jack O Lantern

I set up a rss file to run the report and can run it multiple times, passing in a different ID value each time, but it will not be data driven because I must hard-code the parameters in the ReportParmaters object of the report for each execution.

Is there a way, either by designing the report in VS2005 or on the Reporting Services server, to accomplish what I'm intending to do?

Did you already have a look on the datadriven subscription option in Reporting Services ? That would exactly fit your needs.

Jens K. Suessmeyer

http://www.sqlserver2005.de

No comments:

Post a Comment